For last month I am using jquery mobile. I’ve gone through lots of issues and learned a lot.
Web is good but when it comes with browser, HTML and java-scripts it becomes more buggy!
Generally I use chrome for development, and jquery mobile works perfect as it based on web-kit.
I tested and published my code, for desktop testing I use Firefox and chrome (not testing on IE as its jquery mobile). But when I open it in Android device, I see only half of the page rendering. And this is because of I made mistake in mark up language.
I forgot to close div tag and closed with li tag. In Firefox and chrome its ignored, but in safari it rendered differently.
See this code and output in chrome and safari, you will get the idea what i’m taking about.
Conclusion: While testing you web app IE is your acid test, while targeting web-kit or jquery mobile, safari is your acid test.