Previously I had worked on followings:
- Image uploading activity – Blog post
- Re size image without loosing EXIF tags – Blog post
- Custom image gallery with check box to select multiple – Blog post
So I decided to create an open source project. That satisfy most of the requirement. Project can be integrated to your application.
Features currently achieved are listed here:
- Custom gallery with check box to select multiple
- View image in gallery
- Capture button to take a new image
- Automatically added captured image to MediaStore, so that we can use thumbnail generated by OS itself
- Added selected images to upload list, where we can add addition information, like comments
- Re size image if it is too big. I maintained EXIF tags, while creating a new copy. I used EXIFInterface, introduced in API level 5. So Project is fully compatible with min SDK version 2.1. (Note. EXIFInterface can only read some of the tags, for complete EXIF tag copy, refer to Sanselan project. My this post can help you how to use it.)
- Used URlConnection object to write file using buffer. It also maintain EXIF tags when you receive file on server
- Upload to facebook, picasa or any other API integration
- Add uploading process to Android Notification area
Please feel free to comment.
Project is hosted at Github.
Download source code from github.